Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm melting

So a giant heatwave has hit Cape Town and its HOT. So hot, in fact that I am up at 3:30 am and sitting on the couch downstairs with a cold jelly jar on my head…. true misery. I've read a couple of online articles, and they estimated the temp to have reached as high as 40 c which is 104 by US measurement. One article even mentioned that the police were called to help a dog that was walking around foaming at the mouth because of the heat-- poor dog.



I realize that its not very nice of me to complain about the weather while the rest of you enjoy winter. I'm thankful for the beautiful days here-nearly everyone is the perfect summer day, but this extreme heat has got to stop because putting cold glass bottles of jam on your head is not a fun way to spend the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment